Skip to main content

Lexie Priessman to Attend LSU in the Fall

Former junior national champion and US national team member, Lexie Priessman has decided to forgo the elite world for her education.



Lexie announced today via her Instagram account that she is going to attend LSU in the fall instead of deferring. Lexie, who used to train under the tuteledge of famed coach, Mary Lee Tracy. Lexie made her senior debut in 2013, but has been dealing with injuries that have prevented her from competing.

Lexie will join an already stacked class of freshmen that includes McKenna Kelly and Sarah Finnegan. Best of luck to Lexie!

I wanted to take the time personally to let all of you know I have chosen to head to college in the fall. As you know the last two years for me as an athlete has been extremely difficult with all the injuries I have been going through. I have been working very hard in the gym everyday to get back to 100 percent to compete again. Unfortunately, I hit some bumps that I wasn't planning on hitting. I thought about all of the adversity I have been through and as I always say God has a plan. I have decided to go to college in the fall and begin a new chapter in my life. I want all of you to know I cant be more grateful to have been a member of the USA National team for four years. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to travel the world and help our country win gold medals. I will miss all the training camps and the knowledge everyone has taught me but more importantly help me become the young lady I am today. I am so happy with my elite career and how it went, but now it's time to move on and make some amazing memories in college gymnastic 💜 #GEAUXTIGERS
A photo posted by Lexie Priessman (@lpriessman2016) on




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elise Ray Officially Named Washington Head Coach

Elise Ray, 2000 Olympic Bronze Medalist,  US National Champion, NCAA champion, has been named the head coach at the University of Washington's gymnastics program, following the retirement of longtime head coach, Joanne Bowers.

Peyton Ernst Transfers to Alabama

 Peyton Ernst announced that she's transferred to the University of Alabama to complete her education and to continue her college gymnastics career.

Kyla Ross Out of Worlds Selection

Kyla Ross has ended her bid for a  spot on a third world championship team and withdrawn from worlds selection camp for the world championships in Glasgow, Great Britain. USA Gymnastics released a statement earlier today confirming Kyla's withdrawal from the selection camp, which starts Oct. 6th.