Skip to main content

Victoria Moors Announces Her Retirement

After much speculation as to the state of her gymnastics career, Canadian gymnast, Victoria Moors has announced her retirement.



Victoria, who helped the Canadian team to a historic fifth place finish in London in 2012 officially announced her retirement today via her Instagram account.

My gymnastics career has been a long hall... And now it's time for me to retire as a professional gymnast. It's been a tough road for me and I've been faced with some challenges that i just couldn't overcome. This sport has taught me so much about myself and life itself. I've made so many amazing friends that i know will stick by my side for my whole life and I know I will stick by theirs. My love for this sport will truly never end and I will continue to inspire young athletes to be the best person/athlete that they can be. This has been one of the toughest decisions that I've had to make but I have to look out for myself and do what's best for me. I would like to thank my friends, fans, coaches and my family who have stood by my side throughout my whole career I wouldn't of been where I am without you thanks so much for believing in me and understanding this tough decision.
A photo posted by The Official Victoria Moors (@victoriamoors_) on



Victoria was trained by former soviet Olympic champion, Elvira Saadi and is mostly known for her floor routine, and specifically, her dance.





In addition to her contribution to the Canadian Olympic team in 2012, Victoria also placed third at the 2013 American Cup behind Katelyn Ohashi and Simone Biles. She went on to place 9th in the all-around at the World Championships in Antwerp, Belgium and had the double twisting double layout named after her in addition to her eponymous uneven bars dismount, a toe on hecht laid out with a half twist.




2014 didn't treat Victoria nearly as well. She competed at the American Cup where she placed fourth. She was named to the Canadian Commonwealth Games team, but was mysteriously dismissed without any explanation right before the competition.  Since then, Victoria's intentions with gymnastics has been in question since her departure from the Commonwealth Games team nearly a year ago.

She appeared at Elite Canada in February only performing on two events.

She made her first retirement announcement at Canadian Nationals in Gatineau, Quebec, today during the all around and event finals.

What is next for Victoria? In her downtime from gymnastics, she's been writing a make-up blog ToriMoorsMakeup, maybe she could become a make-up artist?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elise Ray Officially Named Washington Head Coach

Elise Ray, 2000 Olympic Bronze Medalist,  US National Champion, NCAA champion, has been named the head coach at the University of Washington's gymnastics program, following the retirement of longtime head coach, Joanne Bowers.

Peyton Ernst Transfers to Alabama

 Peyton Ernst announced that she's transferred to the University of Alabama to complete her education and to continue her college gymnastics career.

Kyla Ross Out of Worlds Selection

Kyla Ross has ended her bid for a  spot on a third world championship team and withdrawn from worlds selection camp for the world championships in Glasgow, Great Britain. USA Gymnastics released a statement earlier today confirming Kyla's withdrawal from the selection camp, which starts Oct. 6th.