Skip to main content

Aly Raisman Sets Her Sights On A Comeback at Nationals


Aly Raisman recently sat down with Blythe at the Gymnastics Examiner to discuss her comeback and her whirlwind life since the Olympic Games.



Since winning two golds and a bronze in London, Aly has been enjoying the perks that come with her newfound celebrity. She's taken a year off, done the Gymnastics Tour of Champions, done Dancing With the Stars and made multiple appearances at talk shows and events.
She's now back in the gym and returning to somewhat of a normal routine of going to the gym and going to school. The 19-year-old gymnast is taking college classes at Babson College in Wellesley, Massachusetts near her her Needham home while making appearances and such. She's slowly regaining her skills by doing time on the Tumbl Trak and vault sprints.

"I feel like I'm Supergirl or something, because I'm not even sore!" Raisman exclaimed at Worlds. "I think because I'm so happy to be back in the gym I feel great, and my coaches [have been] so good with letting me take it really slow. "

Aly said she doesn't have a definitive comeback date in mind, but she's aiming towards next year's classic or the national championships, but her ultimate goal is definitely a plane ticket to Rio De Janeiro in 2016.

"I started my first international competition in Brazil -- me and Kyla actually did -- so I always say we started our careers in Brazil and we should end them there," she said with a smile. "That would be really cool."
Read More at the Gymnastics Examiner


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elise Ray Officially Named Washington Head Coach

Elise Ray, 2000 Olympic Bronze Medalist,  US National Champion, NCAA champion, has been named the head coach at the University of Washington's gymnastics program, following the retirement of longtime head coach, Joanne Bowers.

Peyton Ernst Transfers to Alabama

 Peyton Ernst announced that she's transferred to the University of Alabama to complete her education and to continue her college gymnastics career.

Kyla Ross Out of Worlds Selection

Kyla Ross has ended her bid for a  spot on a third world championship team and withdrawn from worlds selection camp for the world championships in Glasgow, Great Britain. USA Gymnastics released a statement earlier today confirming Kyla's withdrawal from the selection camp, which starts Oct. 6th.